Monday, October 11, 2010

trip 13

I went up to Kaziba on October 1st with some friends.  It had really been a long time since I had last gone, and when I arrived and heard the kids calling out my name and Mugeni (visitor) I realized how much I had missed them all.  One little girl came running up and jumped into my arms.  Another little one started walking.  So many are gaining weight.  This little guy I almost didn't recognize!  Hmmm, for some reason I can't upload pictures right now.  Will try again at another point.  The kids looked great!  It was really dusty, we had a flat tire on our way there, and we got stuck in the area of Essence, which is never a good place to get stuck in during the evening.  But everything was okay in the end, and I am so glad to have been able to go visit the kids.   I really hope I can get the pictures up soon.  I was so excited to see the progress on the wall (really more like a big fence).  The wall has enabled them to be able to start two large areas for gardening.  The director is so motivated to grow a crop which will not only be able to feed the kids, but also be able to be sold so that the orphanage can earn some income.  So many good things are happening up there.  The new babies looked good.  If you pray, perhaps you could pray for little Jacob.  He is about 4 weeks old now and only 4lbs.  He is such a tiny sweet baby.  Because of donations there is plenty of formula for him.  It is saving his life.  And he loves eating it.  I've seen miracles there, so I have hope he will live.


1 comment:

mary said...

praise God he's eating well and has enough formula and praise God for his protection on the journey