Thursday, January 6, 2011

An impromptu christmas party

I had a really good visit when I went up to Kaziba the last time (about 1 1/2 weeks ago now).  They had invited me up for christmas eve to join them for their large christmas party, but it didn't work out.  The staff threw a surprise party for me this time instead.  My brother and cousin came as well, which was really fun! It was so nice to eat with all the mamas and the kids together in a room.

Here is my brother Damon, with some kiddos!
Beautiful cousin Katie




The kids are really loved up there, and they are doing so well overall.  It hit me that in 2009, 5 kids died, some of them had lived in the orphanage for quite some time (one little girl lost her twin sister at age 1 1/2).  In 2010, 2 kids died, one of which died within days of arrival (a sweet newborn that was severely malnourished on arrival, his name was Amiable) and the other was a small 3 month old (Furaha (joy), much loved).  I'm feeling very thankful to God that we were able to bring formula and milk up to the orphanage when we did.  I remember the weeks after I first went up there and the sleepless unending nights I had after I visited.  God was moving in my heart.  And I'm so thankful He did.

The kids looked good, though three were sick in the hospital.  Many kids had colds and scabies.  Little Nyota, Jacob, and Benjamin had IVs and were getting medicines in the hospital.  I should be getting up dates on them tomorrow.  This is little Jacob.
Sweet Nyota ("star" in swahili)



But, I had giggles and smiles from kids that I rarely see smile and laugh.  Here are some of their smiling faces.

The first is Jackson, who I admit, smilies A LOT.  This little boy is hard not to love!
This is Chito Wambili.  This is only the second time I have ever seen her smile.  
This is big boy Janvier!  Couldn't be cuter.
Beautiful Atosha, sweet as ever!





Here are the pictures of the new baby Moise, who is 4 months old and a cutie pie!!


Also, there is ANOTHER new baby!  This is Gloire who is also 4 months old and beautiful!

2 comments:

Katie Glows said...

It was such a great day, and I cannot stop thinking about the kids! I LOVE them!!

mary said...

thank you for all the amazing pics and posts and your work there - we are so thankful for the chance to be a part of feeding these babies!