Monday, June 6, 2011

Living in limbo

We were supposed to leave today.  But, because of adoption related delays we have moved our trip back by 3 weeks and we may have to move it back more, it's unclear right now.  Meanwhile I have packed up our entire house into trunks and the stuff that is out, is to go into our 16 pieces of luggage.  Because we still don't know when we are leaving (but we know it could happen quickly) I am sort of living like I am going to be here months, but at the same time I am imagining having to finish packing and saying all our goodbyes quickly.  It's really really strange, living in such limbo, and it does a number on the emotions.  Meanwhile, the water is off today.  Dry season is here and I am not ready for it.  I love all the green that surrounds us right now (and of course, hauling water in jerry cans to take baths is never fun, more on that later).  It's a bit like living on a roller coaster right now.  I really miss my family, and I can't even bear to think about how I was supposed to be seeing them in 3 days.  It breaks my heart too much.  I haven't seen my baby brother or my grandpa in 2 1/2 years!  

(Trunks are good for packing up all your belongings but also for playing in spots where your 1 1/2 year old twin sisters can't reach you!)

No comments: