Thursday, September 29, 2011

some fun memories

I was looking through some photos this morning, and came across these two.  My cousin and brother came to visit us in DRC last year for christmas.  What a gift that was for us and it meant so much!  Because of adoption related delays we hadn't been able to leave the country (with all of us) for over a year and we were missing home.  They also came up to the orphanage with me.  Here is my cousin Katie, a bit of a Pied Piper.


And here is Damon, my brother, showing off the pictures he just took of the kids.  They loved that of course!   It was so special to be able to bring them to the orphanage, it is not an easy trip to make.  Damon, who is a helicopter pilot, kept reflecting that it would have been much easier to fly to the orphanage rather than take the very very bumpy slow road for three hours.  I agreed!



I recently reflected that on every single one of my 20 trips to the orphanage I have had someone come with me.  I never went alone.  Many times the visitors were from outside of DRC.  That's pretty special that so many people share the memories and love for the children that I do.

I am going to have some guest posts in the weeks ahead.  Hopefully I will be able to share more of DRC with you through these posts.  Thank you for reading along.

No comments: