Wednesday, April 24, 2013

missing some kids

Holding Ziruka who was reunited with her family.  

I am hoping to go to DRC for a trip to visit our work within the next 6 months (hopefully sooner rather than later).  It has been one year and nine months since I have been to see the children I love.  Not only do I miss them but I really need to visit our programs.  I have, up until now, raised funds for specific on ground work like formula for the babies, hiring new staff, and school fees.  Thanks to a very generous donation we received yesterday, we will be able to pay the third trimester of school fees completely.  Today, I would like to ask if anyone would be interested in contributing to a "general fund" that would go to support the trip to DRC.  Specifically, the funds would be used to cover on ground transportation in DRC, the cost of registering Reeds of Hope as a DRC humanitarian organization, a translator for the more technical meetings with the leadership (when we present our new contracts as Reeds of Hope and changes we want to implement in the years ahead), and the flight from Kigali, Rwanda to the border.  I need to raise $1500 for this general fund to support this trip.  If you feel like this is something you would like to support, here is our paypal button.  And our website is www.reedsofhope.org if you would like to learn more about our work in eastern DRC.  Thank you in advance.  


  




  

No comments: