Friday, June 21, 2013

mystery, horses, and life in the country

Our middle little one (she is between the twins and her older sister) has been having some grumpy days.  She is our most creative with her words and has been using them beautifully in throwing some impressive tantrums.  There is a lot of change happening in her world and when you're little it's hard to figure it all out.  The other day she was upset most of the day and nothing would make her happy.  Then I found her outside.  Standing in front of the horses.  Quiet.  Listening.

We are so fortunate to live next to a farm that boards horses.  Literally our backyard connects to the field where the horses spend their days (about 50 yards from my backdoor).  They are friendly and so are the girls.

Often I find the girls standing by them, talking to them.  And just as often I see them walk up to the girls, nickering softly.  I've learned that horses have a special mystery to them, the ability to transfer peace, healing, and calm.  A gift to me as much as to my girls.





*Please check back tomorrow for a giveaway here on the blog!*

2 comments:

Susan Vinton said...

That's a really nice picture. I like it.

Laurie said...

So precious.