Tuesday, December 31, 2013

certain days and children in schools

There are certain days when I sometimes want an uncomplicated life.  Today I roamed around the house with the girls feeling restless and angry, frustrated about things that I could not change and frustrated about wrongs I wish I could right. Then tonight, I happen to be going through a bunch of photos (both new and old) of the children we support in eastern DRC.  We support a total of 131 children, 82 of whom live with their families.   I found a photo of a young girl who we support with school fees.  She was standing by her home.  Somehow, seeing that photo encouraged me tonight.  She is one of the older children we support to go to school.  Enrollment rates in secondary school are 20% (source).  Tonight, I'm happy that we are sending Bonane to school and I'm happy she has a home and a family.  I do believe it makes a difference in her life.  A very big thank you to her sponsor!


Thank you to all the recent donations!  Not only will we meet our budget for formula and powdered milk this month, but we are more than half way there to make our goal for paying the second trimester of school fees that are due next month.  If you would like to make a one time donation, please feel free to use the paypal buttons on the right side of the blog or at our website, www.reedsofhope.org.  You can also visit our website to sponsor a child (a school aged child or a child living in the orphanage).  All donations are tax-deductible. 

No comments: